Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Iowa Central vs Indian Hills in Ottumwa, IA

I have decided to write about yesterday's games separately, in my fatigued (mental and physical) state it is difficult to keep the facts straight.  I picked up mom about 10:30 to go to the game and we took the scenic route to get there because we had some extra time.  I enjoyed the ride and the conversation and even the forced detours because of road construction.  We arrived in Ottumwa in time to watch the IC mens game and was able to talk to Madeline quite a bit before her game.  IC's goalkeeper had talked to Madeline on the bus ride down and wanted me to work on a problem in her right midback/shoulder.  We found a empty players bench and I was able to get her fixed up, so perhaps I should get an assist in the box score for her shutout.  Coach McGowan has the team organized very well on the defensive side of the ball and IHCC was unable to mount any meaniful attack throughout the game.  I don't believe that they keep possession stats but I would hazard a guess that IC controlled the ball 80% of the time.  Stephanie Gale scored all three of IC's goal but several of the girls had shots and on frame.  The team must have been working on their finishes.  Madeline started and played a very good game.  She is connecting with more of her passes and she had a couple of quality crosses and shots. Talking with her after the game she felt that this may have been her best game so far.  Final score IC 3  IHCC 0.  The bus got stuck in the parking lot and they didn't leave until about 8:30 and it was about midnight when they got back to campus.  Here is what the coach wrote on Facebook about the game:
"We remain undefeated versus IHCC as we finally rolled to a 3-0 win. Steph Gale had all 3 goals so she may be wearing a hat tomorrow!! Well done ladies. I'm proud of you all. Good team effort."
Here is the Recap from the college website.

No comments:

Post a Comment