Monday, August 16, 2010

The Privilege of Playing College Soccer

 Over the last several weeks many people have said to me how lucky for both of my daughters to be able to play soccer in college and I never know how to reply to that.  Fortunately, I get a lot of time to think about things as I mow the yard and soccer field and this is the statement that I have come up with:   The privilege of playing college soccer is earned in the high school classroom, however the player’s athletic ability is gift from God.  The skills to play are cultivated on the practice field with the knowledge and educational expertise of all past coaches but the desire to play must come from the player’s heart.  The connecting point for everything  is the support and dedication of the athletes parents to provide the motivation to learn, the opportunity to practice and the passion to love the game.

2 comments:

  1. I know some of what you have dealt with over the years, including and not limited to the Tom, Dick, and Bills that were pains in your bottom side. Natural talant and opportunity are from God, and having parents such as you and Debra is a gift from God as well. I hope the girls realize how truly blessed they are; most parents wouldnt have done anything close to what you have. If I havent ever told you before, you are pretty ok guy Roger.

    ReplyDelete